Sunday, April 8, 2012

In The Beginning

I always wanted an El Camino, well not always. In my late 20's I started to have the desire to own an El Camino. As time went by that desire came more and more stronger. I guess it must be midlife crises, now that i'm forty (showing my age) that desire became to strong. So the search begins, for many months I looked through the classified ads in newspapers, asking friends and family to keep an eye open for me, looking online and Craigslist. I looked at many El Caminos some needed to much work while others were way out of my price range. On April 4, 2012 I came across this gem on Craigslist, 1980 El Camino with a 305, 3 speed auto and it ran. The price was within my range called up the sellers went to look at it and give it a test drive. I was hooked, we negotiated on a price but before I purchased the vehicle I wanted a friend on mine to take a look it. Made arraignments the next day for my friend who happens to be a mechanic to take it for another test drive. His opinion it needs some work but for that age what doesn't need work. On Friday April 5, 2012 I purchased the El Camino from two wonderful sellers, Thank you.


Now with a big smile, I drove MY El Camino home. On my drive home I thought it would be a great idea to do a blog about the  El Camino. I figured it was going to be a big project to restore and customize this vehicle, might as well document everything that I do on a blog to share with others. So the  "My El Camino Project" blog is created. On the following day, Saturday I took many pictures and videos of the 1980 El Camino to document the progress, I'll upload them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment